About The Board Of DIrectors:
The Board of Directors will support the work of the Free your Superhero, Inc. non-profit and provide mission-based leadership and strategic guidance. While day-to-day operations are led by Todd Pasick, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board relationship is a partnership and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as he develops and implements the Free Your Superhero, Inc. strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Free Your Superhero, Inc. for evaluating its impact and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to the board and committee meetings
- Approving the Free Your Superhero, Inc. annual budget, audit reports and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
- Raising funds for the Free Your Superhero, Inc. campaign goal
- Assisting the owner and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committee or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing Free Your Superhero, Inc. and acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring Free Your Superhero, Inc. commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities it serves
So that Free Your Superhero, Inc. can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations and individuals, Free Your Superhero, Inc. in accordance to our goal, ask that Board Members participate in fundraising including, but not limited to, his/her own personal time, networking and availability of monetary donations.
Free Your Superhero, Inc. Board Memberships will participate in accordance within usual and customary protocols. Members will be invited to serve as deemed necessary by CEO under advisement of Secretary and other members. These expectations and responsibilities will be defined and clarified on an individual basis. Appointment duration will vary, board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the Free Your Superhero, Inc. mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy or the non-profit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy or the non-profit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of Free Your Superhero, Inc. beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of Free Your Superhero, Inc. beneficiaries
Service on the Free Your Superhero, Inc. Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.